Big Bear: Friday, June 4, 2021 8:30am to Sunday, June 6, 2021 12pm

CV4W
April 11th 2020
Return to Events and Treks Discussion
  • April 11th 2020
  • CV4W
This is the official starter topic for the Big Bear event.

Click here for Event Details.

This event was last updated on Wednesday, May 26, 2021 7:58pm.
  • April 11th 2020
  • CV4W

This event has been updated

This event has been updated!

• March 5th 2021
  • CV4W

• March 5th 2021
  • CV4W

Big Bear PreRun Help

Hey everyone, since Tanglewood group campground is still closed I need some help scouting out the Fawnskin side of Big Bear for yellow post or dispersed camping sites that would be big enough for the 9-10 vehicles that we're expecting for the Big Bear trip on June 4th. Unfortunaltely, I'm not able to go scout out the area this weekend as my ball joints crapped out and my Jeep isn't ready for highway driving and I'm also going to be out of town the weekends of the 22nd and 29th. 

My Jeep will be ready to lead the trip on the 4th but I don't want to get up to Big Bear without an idea of where we could camp. I've got a running list of areas that look like they could be good campsites and can provide that to whoever can go check out the area. 

Let me know if you can help out, it would be greatly appreciated! 

Steve 

I may be able to help. What, specifically, do you need a person to go look at?

Hey Eric, great! 

I need help seeing if the following Yellow Post sites / Forest Service roads have open spots big enough for 9-10 vehicles/tents to call home for the 2 nights we'd be up there. 

Yellow Post Sites: 
#2 2n13/2n80
#4 off 2n80/Snow Slide Rd. 
#31 3n12C off Polique Canyon Rd. 
#33 off Delamar mtn rd. Fawnskin 
#34 off Holcomb Creek Rd. 3n08 
Map of all yellow post sites: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/sbnf/recarea/?recid=74095 

Forest Service Roads that from satellite pictures look like they have a few large open spaces for camping. 
3n32 
3N16A 
3N76
3n54 

I'd be happy to get on a Zoom and go over the map and roads with you. 

Yea man, let's do that. I can zoom tomorrow or Friday in the PM

email me at ericotremba@hotmail.com and we can set it up.

Richard and Gina Monetti are interested in this trip, but we see it is full. Please put us on the waiting list if anyone scratches. Thanks so much!

• May 13th 2021
  • CV4W

Sounds good, Eric. I'll shoot you an email and we can figure out a time to connect today or tomorrow. 

Gina, I just added two extra spots to the event and updated the trails we'll be planning on running. 

Thanks Stephen! I joined the event, though it will likely be Richard's rig, not mine. Will meet up at wherever you guys camp Friday late afternoon.

OH... I just saw the trail update. We still really want to camp with you guys, but we will run easier trails if anyone wants to do that. Is that ok?

Gina, absolutely, you guys can definitely camp with us. I'll update the event page once we have the camping spot figured out. 

Awesome, Thanks!

• May 26th 2021
  • CV4W

Food

I can bring hot dogs and buns?

Doug, sure! 

Food

Do we need a grill. Or anything else you can think of?

thanks

Oops

sorry saw the run update bbq coverd. Anything you can think of we need let me know. Thanks

Doug, no worries. Looking forwarwd to the trip! 

I am as well can't wait. 

Return to Events and Treks Discussion