Required Equipment For Each Vehicle if I lead a run:
Your safety, as well as the safety and enjoyment of others, requires that all participants have the equipment listed below:
1. Seat Belts for all Occupants
2. CB or FRS radio (FRS radio as long the driver can provide one for another vehicle that has CB. Cell phones are not acceptable substitutes.)
3. Full Size Spare, Suitable jack, tools to remove lug nuts and lock nuts
4. Fire Extinguisher with gauge indicating full charge, appropriately mounted
5. Tow Strap or rope, with no metal hooks, and with a capacity of at least 15000 pounds
6. Tow Attachment points (hooks, shackles, receiver hitch w/shackle) FRONT and REAR. Please, no tow balls and no exceptions.
7. 4WD Vehicle with 2 Speed Transfer Case(Unless trip description allows for 2WD) 8. Roll Bar or Hard Top 9. Functional parking brake 10. First aid kit (include what you would want when you’re hurt or in pain)
11. Valid Driver License and Proof of Insurance
Some runs require additional equipment based on the Run Difficulty Rating or based on the Run Leader’s opinion as to the equipment needed to successfully accomplish the trail. The Run Leader has the final decision regarding equipment needed for his/her run. See Run Announcement Message and the Rating System or contact the Leader for questions regarding equipment required for a specific run.
To avoid inconvenience and possible embarrassment, please make sure you have all the equipment needed when you arrive at the run.
Additional tools and equipment you may want to add to your list:
• Tool box with various drivers, pliers, ratchets, and sockets • Extra fluids (for the car and you) • Rags/Handy wipes/Toilet paper • Plastic bags(for trash & spent fluid)
• Jumper cables • Tarp/Blanket • Ratcheting tie downs • Air pressure gauge • Spare Fuses/Relays • Flashlight/headlamp(w/extra batteries) • Shovel • Duct tape/electrical tape • Super Siphon • Funnel • Tire valve stem removal tool • Extra 5 gallons of water • Serpentine belt • Complete set of water/heater hoses • High pressure power steering hoses • Oil cooler lines • JB Weld • Volt/amp meter • Hi-Lift Jack • Floor jack • Spare axles/CVs front and rear • Spare tie rod • Tire repair kit • Pry bar • GPS • HAM radio • Extra gas for longer trips • Telescoping 4-6lb magnet • Winch and winch line extension • Air compressor or CO2 tank • Spare alternator • Spare differential complete with ring/pinion • Dremel or cutting tool • Soldering iron • On board Welder w/strips of metal in varying size • Food, extra, in case trail time is extended • Inverter • Tire chains
No current to-do list!