Skyline Drive / Clarke's Summit: Saturday, June 29, 2013 8:30am

CV4W
May 13th 2013
Return to Events and Treks Discussion
  • May 13th 2013
  • CV4W
This is the official starter topic for the Skyline Drive / Clarke's Summit event.

Click here for Event Details.

This event was last updated on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:25pm.
  • May 21st 2013
  • CV4W

This event has been updated

This event has been updated!

• May 27th 2013
  • CV4W

• May 27th 2013
  • CV4W

• May 28th 2013
  • CV4W

Fire in Yucaipa and Mentone - Highway 38 temporarily closed - Friday June 28th 2013

MILL FIRE – Friday June 28th 2013 – 5:15 pm

Fire broke out today in the Mentone/Yucaipa region at 2:09 pm.  As of right now, Highway 38 is closed from Bryant Street and Highway 38 up to Lake Williams in Big Bear City. There are more closures at Oak Glen Road and Greenspot Road.  I am watching and listening to the scanners right now so I will let you know if they open Highway 38. Road is closed to downhill traffic from Lake Williams (my neighborhood) Big Bear City except for through traffic to campgrounds in Angeles Oaks and Seven Oaks.  Evacuations are taking place near Yucaipa Regional Park. One house caught on fire and other homes in the area are threatened.  Air Units were on “No Divert” status until a few moments ago. This means that perhaps the Fire Crews are gaining control over the fire as “No Divert” means that all Fire Fighting Aircraft must not be diverted from this fire. Now the “No Divert” has been taken off – this allows fire fighting aircraft to be called to other fires.  I’m not sure if everyone will be able to make it up the mountain on Highway 38. I will post more details as they become available.  Here are a few links below for you to review.

http://socalmountains.com/incident/index.php?i=19654

http://kbhr933.com/current-news/highway-38-closed-due-mill-fire-mentone-06282013/

Charlie

Trek is still on

I saw something on CalTrans about the 38 opening at 0800 after arson investigation. 

If not there is a detour (about 20 minutes) available through Yucaipa. 

We will leave Stater Brothers at 0830

Return to Events and Treks Discussion